Sunday, July 17, 2011

fear

A four lettered word, that confines most of us to our homes behind locked doors.
We say, "It's for our own good," but is it really?
Having friends who say I'm reckless, fearless, crazy,
and one day your going to get killed,
I say one day we will all die.
If I die by the hands of another,
that would be sad, but I don't think it'll happen that way.
My mother died, so did my father,
my brothers and all of my uncles and aunts...
and none of them were reckless, fearless or crazy.

My doorbell rang the other day, it was some kids selling some junk.
I told them I had no need for any of their junk but I'd be happy to let them into my house to escape the blistering heat and I'd happily give them a drink.
They were amazed.
This is not anything that should be noteworthy as an amazement,
but apparently I was the only person since they began selling their wares (2 months) that had even offered them a drink,
much less a retreat from the heat.
It was 100 degrees out!
This was not the first time I've let salesmen, women, or kids in my home to wait out a sudden thunderstorm, blistering heat, or freezing cold.
I believe 90% of all humanity is good.

I know there are scam artists, thief's, and criminals who would kill for their next high. I am street smart, I listen to my sixth sense, I watch the news, but watching it can make you scared of your own shadow.

Don't buy into the fear the news sells.

So many folks toot their horns saying how humanitarian they are,
but would they stop on the road to help someone who has broken down,
or offer a ride to the lady with four kids at the bus stop?

We need to pull together as a community helping out those we can.
Being a good neighbor, by picking up the garbage can when it blows over,
or just stoping in and seeing if they need anything at the store,
when your going there anyway.

This is loving each other as we are supposed to do.
It's not hard, and the rewards are wonderful!

Don't be afraid, after all what's the worst thing that would happen?
You will die? Guess what?
You will die anyway, how do you want to live is the question?

Peace and love,
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment