Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Swim anyone?

Swimming,
the most enjoyable thing I do.
It's the way the water surrounds my body,
welcomes me and holds me in it's
buoyant realm.
No gravity,
no judgement,
just wet nourishment for my soul.
I slice through the water with an urgency to go no where.
I see the bubbles leave my mouth to float up into the air.
Giving the air back what I took from it.
The energy of the water relaxes as well as invigorates.
My breath controlled,
working in unison with my arms, legs and torso.
I swim as I breath...
with no thought of it,
just in my meditative state of bliss.
Happiness, pure joy... as pure as the wetness,
that surrounds me.
I am at peace,
no other place on earth do I feel so connected.
The pool is restrictive though,
feeling trapped,
wishing for open water,
where swimming with out turning around...
moving forward to some place...
would feel so right.
Knowing the whale can live in captivity,
crying for it's freedom to swim to the depths of the ocean,
I feel it's pain.
Senses alerted,
chlorine fills my nasal cavity,
and I am choked to a stop.
I am envisioning my soul and body being suffocated,
by the pollution in our water ways,
and I cry,
tears are not seen or felt,
I am alone in a pool...

May your Bliss find you,
Peace and Love,
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment